A Healthy Recipe for Hungry Football Fans
For many Americans, Sundays in the fall are all about one thing: Football. And with game day comes game day food. This Sunday, instead of serving pizza or 7-layer bean dip with tortilla chips to the hungry football fans in your family, try this satisfying Curried Chicken Salad Sandwich, from IIN grad and Top Chef star, Andrea Beaman! This sandwich is delicious, healthy and filling. It’s just the thing to fuel those football fans for hours of cheering for their favorite team, and even for a quick pick-up game in the backyard at half time!
- 10-12 ounces cooked chicken, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, deseeded and diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Whole grain bread
- Combine cooked chicken, celery, cilantro, cranberries, and apple in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, curry powder and sea salt.
- Pour dressing onto chicken salad and mix.
- Season with fresh black pepper and more sea salt if needed.