TitleEasy Recipe for Healthy Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are among the top fall produce, entering their peak growing season at the beginning of September. This versatile vegetable is cholesterol free, full of phytonutrients, and a good source of fiber, Vitamins A and C.
This recipe is ideal to transition your seasonal eating practices from the cooling foods of summer to a flavorful meal for fall!
Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, ends cut off
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ pound shelled chestnuts*
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium sized saucepan, boil 2 inches of water.
3. Add Brussels sprouts to boiling water with a pinch of sea salt.
4. Boil for 5 minutes.
5. Drain Brussels sprouts and add to a baking dish with chestnuts and stock.
6. Sprinkle olive oil and salt on top.
7. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
*Feel free to substitute a different nut in this recipe. Sliced almonds or chopped walnuts would also be delicious.
For more ways to transition into fall, check out our Autumn Cleanse Guide!