5 Ways to Feng Shui Your Home For Better Health
Feng shui is an ancient Chinese system that helps determine where objects should be placed in your home to direct the flow of energy. If your home is set up correctly, Feng shui can help create a home that promotes and nourishes your health!
- Choose calming colors for your bedroom: One of the most important Feng shui tips to promote better sleep is to decorate your bedroom with calming colors like pastels, blue, green, and purple. Too-bright tones like yellow, orange, or red promote restlessness. And even though you turn the lights out to go to sleep, the energy of the colors is present in the room whether you see them or not. Cool, gentle colors have a calming air and will help ease your mind when it’s time to rest.
- Remove the clutter: Keeping a home that is free of clutter and excessive belongs will help to clear your mind. Clutter creates unnecessary stress in your life by making it difficult to navigate your home or find important items. You’ll be amazed at the weight that lifts from your shoulders when you have a designated spot for everything you need. Keep your home organized and clean, and the stress will melt away.
- Bring nature into your home: Indoor plants are a wonderful addition to your home because they promote the production of oxygen and create a calming force around you. If you don’t have a particularly green thumb, decorating with objects made of wood provides another way to bring nature and its health benefits into your home. It might also be helpful to install a water feature or invest in a sound machine with a nature-focused sound track. Finding peace and tranquility in your home will contribute to your own peace of mind and well-being when you leave the house.
- Leave your shoes at the door: In Feng shui, it is believed that leaving your shoes at the door when you enter your home prevents any outside stressors from disturbing the tranquility of your home. Your job, your commute, your flat tire can all stay outside: your home is your safe zone, and it should be a place where you can forget about the world and relax.
- Create a vision board: Do you want to improve your health in one way or another? Create a vision board full of inspirational visuals or motivational quotes signifying what you hope to achieve, and display it prominently in your home. It’s a great way to direct energy into these health goals and start working toward them!
Do you feng shui your home? What are some of your favorite tips on decorating for health and wellness?