The Perfect Post-Thanksgiving Breakfast: Turkey Frittata
Is your refrigerator filled with leftover turkey, green beans, gravy, and squash? Leftovers are one of the best things about having a great Thanksgiving feast! Re-heating the turkey for round two or building the perfect post-Thanksgiving sandwich is a great way to enjoy them, but why not try creating a new leftovers dish this year?
For the day after Thanksgiving, frittata is the perfect breakfast. It’s full of shredded turkey, green beans, and squash. It’s even better with a side of warm stuffing and a drizzle of turkey gravy. Here’s to making Thanksgiving last all weekend long!
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup shredded turkey
- ½ cup chopped green beans
- ½ cup chopped butternut squash
- 6 sage leaves, chopped
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cheese, salt and pepper, set aside.
- In an oven safe skillet, like a cast iron, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the turkey, green beans and butternut squash and sauté until warm, about 3 minutes. Pour the eggs over the top and cook for about 5 minutes or until the bottom of the eggs set. Sprinkle the sage leaves on top.
- Place the frittata in the oven under the broiler for about 4 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Invert the eggs onto a plate and serve!