Day-After-Thanksgiving Shepherd’s Pie
One perk of a big family meal is the inevitable fridge full of leftovers you will have the next day. Instead of simply reheating and serving, this Thanksgiving-Leftovers Shepherd’s Pie from Martha Stewart is a great way to create a new meal with food you already have. Remember, you can use any of your Thanksgiving favorites for this recipe – gluten-free stuffing, green beans, or even tofu turkey. Don’t be shy to make it your own!
Thanksgiving-Leftovers Shepherd’s Pie
- 3 cups cooked stuffing
- 1 cup cranberry sauce, plus more for topping (optional)
- 1 pound sliced cooked turkey
- 10 ounces glazed carrots, (or another leftover vegetable)
- 4 to 6 tablespoons gravy
- 3 to 4 cups mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9- to 10-inch pie plate, mound stuffing on bottom; layer with cranberry sauce, turkey, and carrots. Drizzle with gravy; spread potatoes over surface to sides of dish. Top with more cranberry sauce, if desired.
- Place pie on a baking sheet, and bake until heated through and potatoes are golden, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool slightly.