Pumpkin Spice Granola Recipe
A hearty, homemade granola offers the nutritious benefits of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, while satisfying a sweet tooth the natural way. It’s a great option for pre-workout fuel, breakfast, or as a snack atop a cup of yogurt, or with a splash of your favorite ice-cold milk. Integrative Nutrition graduate Brittany Mullins puts a seasonal spin on this crunchy alternative to plain cereal.
Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix
- 1 cup rolled oats*
- 1 cup unsalted whole almonds
- 1 cup unsalted pecan halves
- 1 cup roasted salted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup walnut halves
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons all natural apple juice
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup raisins
- ¼ cup sucanat or whole cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Mix sucanat, cinnamon, paprika and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Set aside.
- Place almonds, oats, pecans, pepitas and walnuts in large bowl.
- Mix together pumpkin puree and apple juice; pour over nuts and toss until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle nuts with spice mixture, tossing to coat well.
- Spread the mixture evenly on two baking pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time.
- Cool completely.
- Stir in cranberries and raisins.
- Store in airtight container.
*Use certified gluten-free oats for a gluten-free version. The ingredients in this recipe can easily be adjusted according to your dietary preferences and personal taste.
Connect with Brittany: