Raw Food Recipe for a Healthy, Filling Lunch
With springtime just around the corner, now is an ideal time to add more raw foods to your diet. The health benefits of eating raw foods range from increased energy and hydration to a boost of vitamins and minerals, and the best part is that seasonal raw foods are delicious!
When you think of raw food you might picture broccoli, kale, apples, and oranges. While eating food in its original form is quick and easy, there’s an abundance of unique raw food recipes incorporating raw nuts and spices for satiety and flavor. Here’s one of our favorites:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1-2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced dill
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kelp granules
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Soaking Time: 8 hours or more
- Place almonds in a bowl, cover with water and let soak overnight. Do the same with the sunflower seeds.
- Discard most of the soaking water and combine nuts and seeds in a food processor or blender. Process until almost smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Serve on a bed of mixed greens with vinaigrette, as a sandwich filling, or roll in a sheet of nori.
Want to learn more about raw foods? Enroll in our Health Coach Training Program by Thursday, March 7 at 9pm EST and you will receive an invitation for our exclusive, live, online session with raw foods expert David Wolfe!