Delicious Autumn Cinnamon Apple Cake
It’s finally apple season, and while the farmers markets are packed with different varieties of beautiful apples, going to the farm and picking your own apples is a fun fall activity for adults and child alike. There is nothing better than wandering through an apple orchard, giant apple picker in hand, reaching high up in the trees, and pulling down flawless, delicious apples.
The only problem is coming up with recipes for the 20 pounds of apples that end up in your kitchen afterwards! When you’re tired of eating apple sauce, and can’t think about making another apple pie, this gluten-free, sugar-free apple cinnamon cake from Elana’s Pantry will gladly take a few apples off of your hands and is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Cinnamon Apple Cake
1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
2 tablespoons orange juice, fresh squeezed
1 cup creamy roasted almond butter
¼ cup agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- In a food processor combine apple, orange juice, and almond butter and pulse until well blended
- Pulse in agave, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon (yes, 2 tablespoons!) and salt
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 inch Pyrex baking dish
- Bake at 350° for 32 to 36 minutes
- Cool and serve with whipped cream