7 of Our Favorite Things This May
May is the month we finally say goodbye to the last chill of winter and welcome in flowers, sunshine, and the first signs of summer. We rounded up a list of our seven favorite things to help you celebrate this joyful season. We hope you have your healthiest, happiest May yet!
- Philosophie Superfood Blends: This wonderful line of nutrient-packed powders makes it easy to get your daily dose of superfoods. Take your pick from Berry Bliss, Green Dream, or Cacao Magic – they’re all delicious. We love to add a few scoops to our smoothies, but the blends are so versatile you can even bake with them.
- Alki Organix Natural Skin Care: 2012 grad, Shirley Makela created these all-natural products for her own extremely sensitive skin. Free of artificial and synthetic ingredients, the formulas are simple but luxurious. Shirley is currently offering 40% off suggested retail to fellow IIN students and grads.
- Fresh Start Cleanse: This new cleanse from 2010 grad, Dana Palumbo will help you detox without any hunger or deprivation – what a welcome change! The emphasis is instead on nourishing yourself with whole foods and establishing healthy new habits you can maintain long after the 10-day cleanse is over.
- Sleep Cycle App: This innovative alarm clock app monitors your movement to analyze your nighttime patterns and determine which sleep phase you are in. The soothing alarm goes off when you are in your lightest phase so that you wake feeling alert and refreshed. We felt the difference immediately.
- Dr. Bronner’s Rose Liquid Soap: Dr. Bronner’s soaps are vegetable-based and free of harsh chemical detergents; their luxurious foam comes from the high coconut oil content. We like the light rose fragrance for springtime, but the line has many excellent choices.
- Powerful Plant-Based Superfoods: This beautiful new book from current student and registered dietitian Lauri Boone highlights the 50 most nutritious foods and includes a recipe for how to enjoy each. Berry Lavender Ice Cream, Broccoli Salad with Avocado Dressing, and Chocolate Chip Flax Cookies are just a few of the mouth-watering suggestions.
- New Planet Gluten-Free Pale Ale: There are few things more refreshing on a hot day than an ice-cold pale ale. New Planet Pale Ale, brewed from sorghum by a celiac who loves craft beer, is 100% gluten-free and delicious. Even better, the company donates a portion of its proceeds to environmental efforts.
What are your favorite things this May?