Summer Spinach, Avocado, Mandarin and Pomegranate Salad
Nothing says summer like a bright and cheerful salad. Kris Carr, the queen of clean eating, and author of New York Times best selling cookbook, Crazy, Sexy Kitchen recently featured this recipe from Integrative Nutrition graduate, Jackie Knechtel on her blog. We love it so much; we thought we’d share it too! If you’re in need of a colorful salad to brighten up your dinner table this summer, try Jackie’s Spinach, Avocado, Mandarin and Pomegranate Salad. Not only is it beautiful, it’s delicious, and the perfect detoxifying summer dish.
Spinach, Avocado, Mandarin & Pomegranate Salad:
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 sliced ripe avocado
- 1 mandarin divided in sections
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 1 inch peeled fresh ginger
Ginger Lime Vinaigrette:
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cube frozen cilantro
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Plate the baby spinach, creamy sliced avocado, plump juicy mandarin slices & pomegranate seeds.
2. Sprinkle some chia seeds on top and dress with the homemade Ginger Lime Vinaigrette.
3. To make the dressing, combine all ingredients and blend.
4. Drizzle over the salad and enjoy!