The Perfect Post-Thanksgiving Meal: Carrot Ginger Soup
Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, making another big dinner is probably the last thing on your mind! We’ve got several quick, easy, and deliciously healthy soup and salad recipes on our list of 101 Healthy Holiday Recipes that are perfect for post-Thanksgiving meals! This recipe for Carrot Ginger Soup from Eat, Live, Run is one of our favorites.
Carrot Ginger Soup
Prep: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 generously
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 T minced fresh ginger
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 1 T olive oil
- Thinly sliced green onions for topping
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the minced shallot and sauté until tender, about five minutes. Add the ginger and sauté for another three-four minutes.
- Add the chopped carrots, broth, coriander and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until carrots are tender. Carefully transfer to a blender and puree. Serve with thinly sliced green onions on top.